Friday, July 12, 2013

Hometown Bound

 
Sam and his great grandpa. This picture is just priceless to me I love it so much! I love their smiles and I love how small Sams feet look in grandpas hands. It's not often a baby gets a great grandparent, let alone three and he has been lucky enough to meet them all.


For the most part it was an uneventful drive. As we were leaving Saskatoon we hit some gravel, which sent us first into oncoming traffic, then back to our lane where we slid down into the ditch into a bog full of cattails. I still can't believe how lucky we are that it wasnt worse. In an hour we were towed out and back on the road, no worse for wear, except for the mosquito infestation in the car and the bog mud caked on the outside.
Despite our little accident we got to Calgary safely. Had a quick nap and went to the mall. Met up with De, got some shopping done then met up with Ryan back at my moms place. Sam was (mostly) well behaved. We stay probably until monday until rolling out back to BC. Looking forward to meeting my second cousin tomorrow!




No comments: